How to get rid of tonsil stones is the first question for those who are suffering from this conditions. Hence the preventive measures for the formation of the tonsil stone are:
- First of all removal of the bacteria that is build up at back of the tongue after the brushing of the teeth. The best way to remove bacteria is to use a tongue scraper every night before going to bed.
- One should brush the teeth regularly to get rid of the food debris that is trapped between the teeth. One should brush the teeth twice daily.
- Gargle with salt water. Combine 1 tablespoon of salt in 1 cup of water and gargle with this water. By doing this gargling with salt water it will help to disinfect the mouth and removal of bacteria that causes tonsil stones. Repeat the gargling for few times every day.
- One should increase the water intake which is the best way to prevent the problem of dry mouth. The water intake will keep the saliva flowing and keep the mouth moisturized. Lack of saliva leads to dry mouth which creates the best environment for the growth of bacteria that causes tonsil stones. The anaerobic bacteria produces sulfur compounds that cause bad breath. Thus, drinking more water will lead to more oxygen and that will prevent the tonsil stone causing bacteria. Water helps to reduce the mucus which is also a cause of tonsil stones.
- One should avoid eating acidic foods and coffee too, which is the preventive measures for How to get rid of tonsil stones. Any food item that increases acidity will also cause the growth of the anaerobic bacteria and thus the growth of tonsil stones. Coffee also helps to reduce the pH in the mouth and thus lead to an acidic environment that promotes the growth of the tonsil stone bacteria.